Choosing domain name for e-shop
When choosing a domain name, many are unaware of problems they may encounter and the consequences of their choice may be.
Choosing a domain name, consider two factors: the human and the search engine.
The human factor:
- the domain name should be simple to remember and spell
- to be associated with site contents - choose a name close to company's business or project theme. Otherwise, you will have to build the association with promo activities;
- the domain zone should cause a predisposition (especially for geo-dependent project) - user from USA prefer domains ending in .COM, rather than .DE.
The search engine factor:
- the domain name must contain project-specific high-frequency or highly competitive keywords - this is the ranking factor in the search engines to obtain the first places in the results of the issuance;
- the domain zone should belong to the region in which your target audience is located - this is important, since search engines give priority to domains registered in the same region as the user who is looking for information;
- domain name registration expire date must be several years in advance - this is an additional factor of trust, both for search engines and for users
- the registration data must be entered completely and not hiden - again, building the trust
- if you have successful projects, you should specify the same registration information - because the trust of search engines to old domains, through registration data, could be transferred to new domains.